DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter Quick Review
Welcome to the DJI Phantom 4 Quadcopter world! It is where the world that drone has achieve the most advance camera and flight mode at the time this drone released. That what they have to say about this drone is “DJI’s smartest flying camera ever”. You will be wondering how this drone have so many good reviews and considered to be the most advanced drone quadcopter nowadays.
When you’re out finding yourself shopping for a new drone, the most hardest task is finding the best drone that is perfectly suite you. This happen because nowadays there are so many different drones out there with so many different advanced drone function on their own, and they all claim to be the “best” drone that they had made. What do you think classifies a drone as being the best drone in their class, anyways? During our long research about drone and quadcopter, we discovered and can tell you one thing that this DJI Phantom 4 and in all honesty, we would look at this one as one of the best drones currently available according to our test and research.
- Auto takeoff and auto return home with GPS technology, makes controlling easy. App enables monitoring/camera operation easy
- Capture 4K ultra HD video at 30 fps, supported resolutions include: 12.0MP (4000 x 3000) photos. The f/2.8 lens with a broad field of view delivers crisp, clear images
- Gimbal stabilization technology, along with a hover function allows you to capture smooth, clean footage while the camera is in the air
- Use DJI director software with a built-in video editor to add music, text, and more to your videos.
Phantom 4 Designed for Amazing Aerial Photography and Cinematology
The DJI Phantom 4 was designed for high-quality aerial photography and cinematography, so if you’re after capturing some great aerial footage, this drone would be a great choice. This is one of the easier flying camera drones available for under $2,000.
Who Should Buy This Phantom 4 Drone
The Phantom 4 has been designed for professional high-resolution aerial film making and photography. This drone comes with a nice 4K camera, controller, gimbal, and even integrated software. As soon as you take it out of the box, it’s ready to go.
The Phantom 4 also has dual-mode GPS+GLONASS receivers – these are for autopilot redundancy. This drone has a vision navigation system, which is a unique system that makes it easy to navigate low to the ground and inside buildings.
Phantom 4 Pros
- Easy to use
- Excellent flight range
- Amazing endurance
- One of the smallest portable aerial video platforms available
- Live HD video streaming
- Automatic collision avoidance
Phantom 4 Cons
Not much cons against this Phantom 4 drone, all features are the coolest and functional features you need fro aerial photography drone, one thin that all the drone having issues of course that this drone is sensitive to rain, so you better watch out for the weather.
If you look at the Phantom 4 and compare it with the Phantom 3, you’ll find that there are some pretty big improvements.
- Obstacle Detection – One of the biggest improvements to the Phantom 4 is the obstacle detection. There’s a new optical sensor unit along with a 3D vision system that makes this device capable of automatically detecting and avoiding obstacles while flying around. If there is an object in the path of the drone, it will either change its course (if it is able to) or come to a full brake. With obstacle detection and collision avoidance, even beginners can use this device. It makes navigating an area easier than ever before.
- More Advanced Flight Modes – There’s new advanced camera and flight automation modes, which will make professional filming easier than ever before.
With the new controller software, you have the following camera modes:
- Point of Interest
- Follow Me
- Course Lock
- GPS Waypoints
- Return to Home
- Gesture Mode
If you want to follow a fast-moving object automatically, that won’t be a problem with this drone. All you have to do is tap on the Live View option and the camera will automatically focus on the object. As it flies, the vision system will automatically detect multiple objects.
You can easily draw your flight route on screen. The Phantom 4 will follow that draw route, while keeping proper altitude.
You have two draw modes – Manual mode and Standard mode. With Manual mode, the operator will be in control of the speed and the camera. Through Standard mode, the drone will maintain a constant speed so that the user can focus on the shot.
If you’re looking for a good drone that is under $2000, then the DJI Phantom 4 is a viable option. This drone is perfect for beginners and is fully capable of taking amazing aerial shots. When comparing it to the Phantom 3, it is faster (45 mph), weights a little more, more stable and can fly a couple minutes longer (28 minutes).